Ugh. This book SUCKED. I seriously debated stopping partway through. I wish I had.
13. The Girl Who Fell From The Sky, by Heidi W. Durrow (Fic)
Sad. Interesting, but didn't grip me as much as I wanted it to. Recommended.
14. The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green (YAF)
AWESOME. As soon as I finished reading it, I wanted to read it all over again. I'd definitely buy this book.
15. Hero, by Perry Moore (YAF, SF)
So cute! Gay superhero teens!
16. Fledgling, by Octavia Butler (SF)
AMAZING. I wish it hadn't ended! I want more!
17. Insurgent, by Veronica Roth (YAF, SF, sequel)
Great sequel to a great first book (Divergent). Can't wait for the third!
18. Code Name Verity, by Elizabeth Wein (YAF, hist fic)
AMAZING. I can't say that enough: amazing, amazing, amazing. Go read it. I'll wait.
19. Kindred, by Octavia Butler (SF, hist fic)
Not really SF, except that it involves traveling back in time. More historical fiction than anything. Interesting, but didn't grip me the same way Fledgling did. I wish I'd read this in an English class.
20. Parable of the Sower, by Octavia Butler (SF)
I enjoyed this book, although "enjoyed" seems like the wrong adjective for a book like this. It's a dystopian near-future novel which I found very (and scarily) plausible. I'll be reading the sequel.
21. Clan of the Cave Bear, by Jean M. Auel (hist fic, audiobook, reread)
Reread. I picked some long books I haven't read in a while to be my knitting audiobooks. This was a good one; I'll probably listen to the sequels too.